Monday, September 22, 2008

Chris's Deployment R&R Album

It has taken me TWO whole years to finally get up the nerve to scrapbook my most precious pictures from Chris's two weeks of leave (from Iraq) during August 2006. I was living in Germany at the time and there really wasn't a good supply of scrapbooking materials at hand....not to mention that fact that I could not find papers that would do my valued photos any justice. That all changed when Making Memories put out there PASSPORT Paper line this year! I fell in love! I bought most of the whole line and got to scrapping! The papers are beautiful and compliment my photos so well! I completed this album a few weeks ago and thought I would post it for all to enjoy. I had such a good time putting this album together and reminiscing about Germany and and the good times and beautiful sights we took in! I feel so fortunate that I had the chance to live there at such a young age! I moved there when I was 19 yrs old and came back before I turned 23. Germany will forever be apart of our souls. I love when I lay down at night to go to sleep, I let my mind drift to the beautiful scenery that took my breath away not so long ago.










Excuse this interruption......I just had to add these darling pups because whenever I lay a blanket on the floor they automatically assume I'm laying it down for them. Then they presume to wrestle about while Im taking photos!
And this one I added just because she is so darn cute! She's nothing but eyes and ears!!! lol!
And once again she assumes that everything that is left lying around is hers! I was using the bottle of beads as a paperweight.

I love dreaming about this hike!

We really loved Munich!





I have no idea why this one came out this way. In my photos folder it is correctly postitioned, but for some reason it kept uploading like this.....sorry!

And.....I'm a little peeved that my photos stuck together and rubbed off on eachother! It was humid and I left this in my car. Not a great idea!

I do believe that everybody has heard about Swarovski Crystals. This is the museum in Austria....where the crystals are made...(not in the museum though)
This page is a little too plain for my taste so I might come back to it later.


The album is better when you can flip through it in person and hear the stories that go along with it! But hope you enjoyed my share for the day!

Stumble Upon Toolbar


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

raquel I'm so freakin jealous my passport
Album was put on hold I LOVE LOVE LOVE
This whole album you did a great job
I'm gonna be visiting this post for inspiration!
TFS! :) and ur pics are awesome