Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Perfect Weekend!

Yesterday, was one of the best days I've had in two weeks! A combination of perfect weather, lack of sleep, and having Chris come home all adds up for a great day! Lol! I woke up at 6:30 am after getting around 4 hours of sleep! I took a shower and got ready for Chris's graduation from WLC (Warrior Leader Course). Chris got to come home right after. He had to drive home because I was too sleepy. I can't really function all that well on little sleep and I guess Chris was afraid that would "yawn" us off the road! The weather finally feels like fall is coming and that has Chris and I in very good moods! We love sweater weather! We came home and turned off the air conditioner and opened up every single window in the house! Since it was around 10:30 when we got home, we lounged around in our bedroom for awhile and watched some tv. I love relaxing and this cool weather just makes it more wonderful! Around lunch time we decided to do lunch at Red Lobster. After, we stopped at Michael's....just in case I needed anything....I was thinking of getting some stamps, but after seeing the ones "I thought" I wanted, I decided I really didn't need them! Lol! So we left empty handed. We hit up Wal-Mart for some dog food and treats for our little hell-raisers at home. I found a pretty scrapkit by Autumn Leaves in the clearance section for $3!!! Can't beat that! So it was mine thereafter! All the while, I couldn't wait to get back home and relax some more! Once we were at home again, we opened up all the windows and threw every pillow we owned on the sofa and that's where we stayed all evening! I drifted in and out of sleep while Chris played the xbox. That's a perfect day for me!


Today, has been another good day. I've been up in my scrapbook room browsing etsy for inspiration! There is so much cuteness in the world and some very talented people! I loved all the japanese fabrics and homemade tags and stamps....I'm even thinking of maybe opening up my own little shop as well, but have to give it some more thought! After looking at all that homemade goodness I decided that for Christmas all my gifts will be homemade! And for all the scrapbookers I know, they will get homemade embellishments and tags to decorate their scrapbooks and cards. I already started making simple tags that are just too cute! I also made my scrappy friend Sandy a thank you card for the gift she bought me for my birthday! I'm so glad I met her. She shares my passion for scrapbooking and all things crafty!


Stumble Upon Toolbar


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there :)
SAMs super talented! He's been drawing since he could lift a pen LOL
Anyway I love stay too
I think the handmade gift is a great idea for the holidays
:) I'm glad u had a good weekend
Ttysoon!