Friday, July 24, 2009

Home, Oh So Sweet Home

Feels so lovely to be back in my cool, comfy, and clean house! The trip was wonderful and amazing, but the last three days in Montana and in Idaho were scorchers!

We started the day in Salmon, Idaho and rode down to Rigby, Idaho where we stopped in for a quick visit at Chris' grandfather's house. The ride there was beautiful with the river, hills, mountains and fields of crops at our side. Horses, cows, and deer could be spotted in the fields! The sky was amazingly blue and the weather was cool. It felt like we owned the road because there were only a handful of cars that we passed on the way to Rigby. I sat back, daydreamed, and watched the scenery go by.

There is something about seeing the world from a motorcycle that makes me feel so renewed and thankful! There is nothing like being thousands of miles from home with only a few pairs of clothes and a camera! But it also makes you thankful that you have a permanent place to rest your head and call home...well in my case a semi-permanent! ;)

The only downfalls to being out on the road a long way from home is eating out all the time. Its so gross! We tried to eat a good breakfast in the mornings, but its really early when we start our day. We didn't really stop for lunch so by the time we got to the next destination we were all pretty hungry and just about stuffed ourselves at the chosen restaurant!

But, we stopped at a farmers market on the way home and bought some fresh corn on the cob, red potatoes and peaches for dinner! It was delicious! We did the same thing last year! Its refreshing to have fresh veggies and fruits after two weeks of icky restaurant food!

This month is going to be busy and exciting!

  • Softball tournaments are coming up!
  • I am going back to school and need to finish up the paperwork and talk to a career counselor *excited*
  • I have my cousins wedding on the 21st and my little cousins bday party on the 22nd of August!
  • I have plenty of photo shoots to keep me busy for awhile and I have to finish the ones from before the trip
So much more stuff to do, but those are the ones I can think of from off the top of my head!
I miss my puppies soooooo bad! They will have been gone for a whole month after I pick them up sometime next weekend and I miss them terribly! But I know they are fine and probably being spoiled rotten by my parents! Lol!
Well, I'm sleepy and need a bath so bad right now! Lol! Tomarrow, I'm getting a facial and its perfect timing and free! My pores are so clogged with sunscreen its not even funny! But I'm pretty happy that I don't look like a pizza face, just a little tanned on the cheeks and nose.
Alrighty, good night!
P.S. Pics coming soon....hopefully!!!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar


2 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

one day I'm gonna ride a bike across the country.. well, obviously not singapore.. that could be done in 40 minutes. LOL

Sandy and Randy said...

Welcome back! I've missed you! LOL Sounds like you two had a great time. I can't wait to see the pics! I have just barely started school and so far am around or above 93% on my tests. Let's hope it stays that way! Lots and lots of reading but I heard the hard stuff is at the end. It's truly exciting though. Let me know when you find out something about when you start. Yay!