Sunday, September 27, 2009



The other night I was flipping through my Body + Soul Magazine and really liked how some of the advertisements and pages were layed out. I decided to give myself a little challenge and make a page using the layout from one of the pages.

Here's what I came up with! Pretty cute, right?! Lol! Of course I added my own touches to it.

The few embellies that aren't from the SC kit, but from my own stash of cuteness are: the cute doggie shape I used for the "i" in "their", the "puppy love" stamp, the small heart and arrow, and the blue paper.
I love the color pallette! Studio Calico always puts together such nice kits, you should check them out! I've been a subscriber for the past 6 months and I haven't been disappointed. They always have new papers and embellies from my favorite manufacturers, as well as their own papers and stamps that they design!
I know we are so spoiled around here in the fact that we have three day weekends while the rest of the military has two day weekends, buuuuuuuuuut I can't help but want another day off! Lol! I haven't touched my school books at all this weekend! All I've done this weekend was play with paper, scissors and glue, hung out with the doggies and my hubby, cookout, and relax. So darn nice!

Stumble Upon Toolbar


8 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

this is so perfectly executed! love the clean lines!!

Sandy and Randy said...

Great job! Your babies are so cute!

Lorie said...

It's funny how we were both thinking along the same lines...thanks for sharing your link with me, I love what you did with that layout...I may just have to lift it!

bethchien said...

I love NIN, too!! (just saw that on your profile) :D
Gorgeous layout! Hope you are having a great day!
Just popped over from Vee's blog.
B

Sasha said...

PRETTY BAD ASS if you ask me .. I LOVE IT .. so clean and just so so bad ass ..

me love it .. lol ..

xoxoxoxo

Sasha

april said...

wonderful layout! our dogs have their "spots" too :)

Davinie Fiero said...

Love the clean lines on this one. A great inspiration piece too. Thanks for playing along!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Oh so cool. I love how you pulled the layout from the magazine. You see the "dividers" carried from the magazine to your layouT.